Issue: This article describes how to complete basic troubleshooting steps for the Orum software.
Table of Contents:
1. General Troubleshooting Steps / Logging In and Out Of Orum.
2. Using the Incognito Window.
4. Chrome version being used / Update Chrome.
5. Audio / Microphone troubleshooting.
General Troubleshooting Steps
The following is a list of simple steps that usually cause any unexpected system behaviors to quickly resolve.
1) Log Out of Orum
Try using the "LOG OUT" button in the top right of the Orum window. After clicking this button, please be sure to close the browser tab and log back in. This simple step fixes man unexpected behaviors.
2) Incognito Window
In some cases, residual data can get in the way of a smooth user experience. Please start by logging out of Orum and closing the browser tab.
Next, click the triple dots in the top right of your Chrome browser and open a New Incognito Window
From the new Incognito Window that opens, log back in to Orum. Continue using the software as per normal and see whether or not the unexpected behavior resolves.
3) Clear Cookies and Cache
Complete the following steps to clear your cookies and cache:
- Click the triple dots in the top right of your Chrome Browser window
- Open the "More Tools" and select "Clear Browsing Data"
- From the "Clear Browsing Data" screen, please be sure to select "All Time" from the pull down, uncheck "Browsing History", and keep the other 2 boxes selected. The selections should look like the below. Once properly selected, click "Clear Data".
- After Chrome completes the process, please be sure to close all browser tabs and windows to lock in the changes that have been made.
- Reopen your Chrome browser, log back into Orum and see whether or not the unexpected behavior resolves.