Creating a Call Recording Field in Salesforce
In order to record calls inside Salesforce, Orum needs a field on the Task object to map to. This is where call recording links will be stored.
While some clients use pre-existing fields that are not being utilized, we recommend creating a specific field for the purposes of storing the call link.
Below is a step by step guide of how to create that field.
- Switch to SFDC Classic mode
- On the left hand menu bar, under the “Build” section, click “Customize”
- Under “Customize”, click “Activities”. Then click “Activity Custom Fields”.
- In the center of your screen, click “New”.
- In the list of options below, pick “Text”.
- Fill out the information about the field and click “Next” in the bottom right corner.
- Make sure that the “Visible” check box is marked for all appropriate permission sets.
- Check the box marked “Task Layout” and click “Save”.
- And you should now see this field on the Task object layout! Make sure to keep a copy of the API Name!