This troubleshooting article addresses audio and microphone steps when using Orum
|Note: As a best practice, we suggest using the Chrome browser. Please confirm that you are using the latest version prior to attempting the steps below.|
|Use high-quality, wired headsets. Bluetooth and wireless headsets can cause poor audio quality due to connectivity issues between the device and your system.|
1) Please check that audio is enabled for Orum in your browser.
You can click the little Lock icon in your URL bar when on Orum.com:
2) Microphone Icon - Right side of the address bar.
Please see below screenshot. Is the microphone shown in the dropdown the correct one you are attempting to speak to prospects with? If not, select the correct one.
3) You can test if Orum is receiving audio by looking at the volume bar. If you ever see this bar NOT pick up audio, that means Orum is not receiving it.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps For Mac Users:
1. From the Orum.com tab in your browser, click "log out" in the top right corner.
2. Close all browser tabs and windows. (Please make sure browser application stops running completely)
3. From your Mac's main tool bar on the top, please use the following navigation path to pull up your computer's sound configuration:
- "Apple Logo" (in the top left of your screen) > System Preferences > Sound
4. From the new small "Sound" window that comes up, please select the "INPUT" tab in the middle. Check to see that your headset/microphone device is listed and highlighted.
1) Refresh the Dial In Browser Connection.
Orum's Dial In Browser connection can occasionally need to be refreshed. Please log out of Orum then log back. This will allow you to reconnect to the Dial In Browser Waiting Room.
2) Incognito Window
In some cases, residual cookies and cache data can get in the way of clear audio connections. Please start by logging out of Orum and closing the browser tab.
A simple step to attempt is to click the triple dots in the top of your Chrome browser and open a New Incognito Window
From this Incognito Window, log back in to Orum and connect back in to the Dial In Waiting Room. Continue using Orum as per normal and see whether or not the audio improves.
3) Clear Cookies and Cache
Complete the following steps to clear your cookies and cache:
- Click the triple dots in the top right of your Chrome Browser window
- Open the "More Tools" and select "Clear Browsing Data"
- From the "Clear Browsing Data" screen, please be sure to select "All Time" from the pull down, uncheck "Browsing History", and keep the other 2 boxes selected. The selections should look like the below. Once properly selected, click "Clear Data".
- After Chrome completes the process, please be sure to close all browser tabs and windows to lock in the changes that have been made.
- Reopen your Chrome browser, log back into Orum, re-join the Dial In Waiting Room and resume calling.