Integrating Apollo with Orum can significantly boost your sales performance by optimizing workflow and automating key functions. This guide is designed to assist both administrators and sales reps in effectively setting up and utilizing the Apollo integration within Orum.
- Users need a minimum of the paid,'Professional' tier of Apollo to integrate Orum
- If IP whitelisting is in use, the 188.8.131.52 IP address will be used to send Apollo API requests
1. Logging in to Orum
🚨 Important notice for all users:
Apollo lacks a method for SSO via their API, as a workaround, you can log into Orum using other integrations (Outreach, SalesLoft, Salesforce, Hubspot, Google), and then switch to Apollo within Orum.
Please ensure your email is the same for integrations to avoid login errors.
You can follow these steps to update your Apollo email if necessary.
2. Setting up the Apollo Integration
This guide will address how to:
- Sign in to Orum using another integration (for ex. Salesforce)
- How to add a new integration for Apollo in your account settings
- How to add your API key
- Finish the set up
- Linking your call dispositions from Apollo
After your account admin is done with the previous steps, you will be able to quickly start dialing using this guide.
3. Creating Call Dispositions in Apollo
It's highly recommended to add custom call dispositions in Apollo, especially if they are not already in place. A crucial one, often missing in Apollo, is the "Meeting Booked" disposition. Setting this up before using Orum is essential for accurately tracking meetings resulting from Orum-initiated calls.
Here's a guide on creating a disposition in Apollo.
To optimize your outreach data analysis, refer to our best practice guide for a thorough list of recommended dispositions. This step is crucial for effective tracking and analysis of your outreach efforts.
4. Configure Orum Settings
This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to configure settings, mappings, and permissions to make the most of the integration for your entire organization.
After the previous step is performed by your account admin, you will be able access your calling lists and start dialing using this short guide.
5. Apply Sequence Best Practices
For Admins and Reps:
Outbound sequences are the heart of your sales efforts, and how you approach them can significantly impact your pipeline generation and revenue.
Consider these best practices:
- Segment Your Audience: Tailor your sequences to specific audience segments. Personalization increases engagement.
- A/B Test Your Messaging: Experiment with different messaging and track which approaches yield the best results.
- Set Follow-up Cadences: Define follow-up cadences to maintain consistent contact without overwhelming prospects and create Apollo Plays to auto-enroll Contacts into these when appropriate.
- Track and Analyze: Continuously monitor your sequence performance and adjust based on data and feedback.
By incorporating these best practices into your sequences, you can maximize the effectiveness of your outreach efforts.
6. Making your first dial and calling down your sequence lists
For Admins and Reps:
Now that you've set up your Apollo integration with Orum, it's time to make your first dial.
Learn how to use Orum's dialer options and start connecting with your prospects. Check out our separate article on Making Your First Dial to get started.
In Orum, you can call prospects who have a due call task in a Sequence, or a due One-Off Task.
After making your dials, the call tasks will be completed and prospects will move through the Sequence.
If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team in Orum for guidance.
Happy dialing and selling!