Automating Salesforce Lead Status
This automation will automatically change a prospect’s lead status in Salesforce (SFDC) and take those specific prospects off a sales rep’s call lead lists to ensure they don’t call them again.
This is also covered in Salesforce’s own documentation but we’ve provided more details particular to Orum.
🚨 Before starting this guide:
You will need to be a Salesforce Admin to complete this guide
You will need basic knowledge of Salesforce’s Process Builder
You will have to have your Salesforce lead statuses already set up
Create a new flow
- In Salesforce, go to the gearwheel icon for ‘Settings’ in the top-right to navigate to ‘Setup’
- In the search bar, you can search for ‘Process Builder’
- After, choose ‘add New flow’ and choose ‘Continue in Process Builder'
- You will get a dialog box to try in the new Flow Builder but we recommend sticking with the Process Builder
- Give your new flow a unique name and description, for ex:
- Lead Status Flow
- When ‘x action’ happens, change the lead status of a prospect
Customize your flow
After you save your new flow, you’ll be routed to the Process Builder.
- Add ‘Task’ as the object and choose ‘when a record is created or edited’, then click save
- ‘Add Criteria’ and give it a unique name ex. Change Lead Status
- For the criteria, choose ‘Conditions are met’ under ‘Criteria for Executing Actions’
- Under ‘Set Conditions’ set the field to ‘Call Result’
- Add 6 total rows with the ‘Call Result’ field
- Ensure it ‘Contains’ the operator (Important step)
- Place these 6 values:
🔥 Orum Tip
These are the six values if you and your sales team are using Orum’s out-of-the-box call dispositions. If you are using your own custom call dispositions, you’ll want to configure the values to those custom dispositions.
- Under ‘Conditions’ choose: ‘Any of the conditions are met (Or)’ then click save. (Important step)
- To add an action, there will be an option for ‘Immediate Actions’ to the right of the Diamond for ‘Change Lead Status’
- Choose ‘Update Records’ as the action type and name the action ‘Change Lead Status’
- For the record type, choose the bullet that states, ‘Select a record related to the Task’ and type in ‘Name’, choose ‘Name ID (Lead)’.
- Under ‘Criteria for Updating Records,’ choose, ‘No criteria—just update the records!’
- Then in ‘Set new fields for the records you want to update,’ add:
- Field: Status
- Type: Picklist
- Value: *What makes the most sense based on your current lead statuses (Important step)
- Press save
Activate and test your flow
Finally, make sure to activate your flow in the Process Builder
You can test your flow in two ways:
Check through your call activity
- To test, go to Orum and select your typical Salesforce report [Link to guide] and start a call
- Log one of the calls with your values (Answered, Meeting Book, etc)
- Go back to Salesforce, and make sure the call was logged
- If the call was logged, check the lead status, and it should have changed to ‘Working’
Check through a specific prospect
- Load in a Salesforce Report and make a call to a prospect (similar to the steps above)
- In Orum, make sure you take note of the prospect’s name
- In Salesforce, go to the Report and search for the prospect’s name
- Check to see if the lead status was updated
And there you go, now you’ll have your lead statuses automated and avoid those awkward, “We spoke yesterday,” situations.